Wednesday 10 December 2014

First tech run

Today we had our first ever full tech run incorporating the two storms and following a specific running order. I think that this went well but could have been better, the pace was slow and people didn't really have much energy but this was due to the class mentality that it was only a tech run. There was a few slip ups with lines and knowing which scene was where but this is a problem which is easily solved through writing down the scene order and just going over lines repeatedly. I took the opportunity in this run to apply my class notes to my extracts for example I learnt that the line "gaskins fall" in my Twelfth Night piece means pants falling down, I applied this knowledge to my work through making my character much more playful trying to pull Festes (Ryan) pants down and being dismissed in a comical way. When I first tried to apply this I didn't manage to apply it as it was new and I forgot to do it but after a small five minuet practice with Ryan I felt confident that I would be able to do it in the show. I have addressed the mistakes I made in this run through and know confidently that I won make the same mistakes again in the show. When the run began I was suppose to say my line to open the show and I forgot to stay on stage after the storm this was something I struggled remembering as it was a last minuet change but I decided that during the storm I would get into position so when the lights come up me and Megan are already on stage, this helped with pace and was effective as it allowed us to jump straight into the show with out a long entrance. There was a small debate during the tech run as to weather the storm was to act as a motif and be repeated for the second half, as we know that both plays start with a storm we decided that having the storm again would be relevant and a good way to keep the audience interested in a difficult performance to keep up with. I like the storm as its very interesting and different in comparison to the extract in the show.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment