Thursday 11 December 2014

Day time performance

During college we performed a matinee performance for our peers and staff inside college, I think that this show was a great success as it allowed us to correct mistakes made in the previous show such as Dan interjecting my lines and performing the extract too quickly. This performance was a lot more chilled and had a lighter atmosphere around it as people were confident in their extract and there was less stress on people who did well in the previous show. I personally enjoyed this show a lot more as the audience had a more positive reaction to the show and laughed through out, this was due to the audience being younger and appreciating a good nob joke in comparison to adults who watched the first show. 
This show overall went a lot better but I personally preferred my performance in the first show as I was much more fluent and comfortable, where as I felt the nerves in the second show because I find it more intimidating when my friends watch as they add a layer of pressure and I believe this showed in my performance, as I was a lot more weary of what I was doing and concentrating too much on my lines. My tempest piece was better in both performances as it had more dialog and emotion to build a character on in comparison to Maria in Twelfth Night who is only in the extract briefly and doesn't show her character completely like she does in the rest of the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment