Wednesday 10 December 2014

Blocking of scenes "Twelfth Night"

During a group discussion we spoke about the beginning to our "Twelfth Night" scene and how we can improve it. To start with we had a very simple opening which was static and boring to watch, after contemplation we thought about the opening character Feste and his personality. As Feste is a clown character we came to the decision that he need to do something comical and playful to introduce his character the same way as he means to go on. Ryan who plays Feste in our extract tried out a few different ways to open the scene such as jumping in and announcing his arrival and climbing in over the set. We didn't think this was quite right for the situation in the scene then we though what do naughty kids to and derived the idea of blowing a "raspberry" as my character Maria, this worked well and we kept it as the opening to our scene. 9/12/1012 Over the weeks we have improved on this scene massively and the raspberry which starts the scene was found to be effective and we kept it in but elongated it to make it more clear and comical. I started the project with a nerdy character which turned out to be wrong for the character and not work in the scene, I changed my character over the weeks making Maria progressively more relaxed and free eventually ending up with a more teenage girly girl who has banter with her class mates. in my scene where I say "he is a fair young man and well attended." I decided to hint that my character has a crush on Sir Toby who she is referring to. I decided to do this due to my research into the play where I learnt that my character ends up in a relation ship with Sir Toby, therefore she would have a crush on him when she first saw him.

No comments:

Post a Comment